Population Health Management is a revolutionary model for boosting the fitness of a larger crowd. Investigating volumes of data related to the target group and drawing a scalable plan can help perk up medical and fiscal results.
PHM is a well-being concept that is gathering much steam lately. The philosophy that gave birth to PHM is simple – reduce the number of people ailing from persistent conditions to curb the agony of the sufferer and attenuate overall healthcare expenses. PHM aims at focusing extensively on avoiding diseases by popularizing a healthy lifestyle.
Analysis and Action are the two fundamental pillars of this concept. The Analysis piece encompasses compilation and dissection of figures for your specific group. Analytics can highlight gaps in care provided as well as forecast any imminent outbreaks that need attention. The Action phase involves filling the gaps identified, getting various providers to work in tandem and rolling out prevention programs like vaccination drives and health camps.
A successful PHM initiative will follow a 5 step roadmap explained below:
1. Connect the dots –An individual’s data is usually scattered all along the healthcare continuum. Collecting this data for a large group of people and then analyzing it can prove to be quite a daunting task. However, this is a vital step towards creating a holistic view depicting the health of a group.
2. Dissect the data – Scrutinizing the information gathered in the previous step and chalking a plan based on the result of the analysis is the next pit stop in the PHM itinerary. At this point you can build a strategy on how to avoid chronic diseases, improve people’s commitment towards fitness, and identify high-risk behavioral patterns.
3. Intervene – Establish contact with those members of the community who are highly vulnerable to persistent illnesses. For such people, create specialized plans, resolve to the greatest possible extent the socio-economic problems that are stopping them from availing treatment, and plug any gaps in care.
4. Engage the Community – Involving people in their healthcare plan is a great way to prevent diseases. By providing necessary information to your patient population periodically and instilling in them a sense of commitment towards a healthier lifestyle, you can lower the number of chronic disease cases within the community, therefore, reducing the overall healthcare costs.
5. Garner Support From Service Providers – The activities that form a PHM cycle are all quite intensive. It is a good idea to outsource pieces of your PHM cycle for more effectiveness and higher output quality. Activities like management of care, analytics, and billing can be outsourced to companies that specialize in these areas.
Mirra Healthcare is a company created by a group of physicians who understand the issues faced by providers today. As a result, Mirra offers tailor-made services for each of these problems and can, therefore, assist practitioners in refining the quality of care as well as the fiscal health of their practice. If you are exploring the possibility of implementing a PHM strategy for your practice, Mirra can assist you in doing so by offering services like management of care, analytics, and utilization management.
For more information on how we can help you, contact us -