The digital revolution that has metamorphosed almost every aspect of our lives is all set to conquer the healthcare arena as well through a host of mind-boggling innovations. Read further to get a glimpse of some of the advancements in healthcare that mark the dawn of this new era of technology.
One of the many indicators of an impending digital boom in the healthcare industry is the consistent rise in the funding received by start-ups focused on digital health. Over 6 billion US dollars were pumped into such pioneering ventures in the year 2017, showing the world how healthcare digitization is on top of every funding agency’s mind today. The only reason behind this interest is a clearly defined, unfulfilled need for technological advancements in healthcare, an area that is most sensitive and critical as it deals with saving lives.
Some of the most path-breaking technological upgrades in healthcare in the past couple of years are as follows:
1. Health Informatics – Paper-based patient records are a thing of the past. The cumbersome nature of creating, updating, and storing physical files is the main reason behind the development of intelligent databases that can not just securely store patient information but can also be used to move data between connected systems.
2. Interoperability – The ability to connect various systems is very beneficial in cutting down on manual administrative work and the errors associated with it. When multiple consulting physicians, insurance providers, Social Workers, Case Managers, and any other professionals who work together to improve the patient’s health results, are all accessing the same information at the same time, chances of slip-ups reduce to an infinitesimally small number.
3. Remote Patient Monitoring – The ability to remotely assess a patient’s condition and provide some primary care before the need arises to move them physically to a hospital, is slowly developing in the form of telemedicine. The availability of services like video consultation and live chats can help patients reach out to physicians whenever they need advice without having to waste time in a waiting room.
4. AI for Error-Free Diagnostics – Highly tuned machine learning programs can make an accurate diagnosis using test reports and scan results. Besides, Artificial Intelligence (AI) can also be employed to analyze scores of journal papers and case histories to gain insights while formulating a treatment plan for chronic illnesses.
5. Personal Health Trackers – Devices that can be worn on one’s person like a step-counter or smartphone apps that can be used to keep a check on issues like obesity, lack of exercise, and unhealthy dietary habits are innovations that have increased health awareness. Such inventions have made people more responsible and proactive in regard to their well-being, therefore, cutting down the risk of chronic illnesses.
If you are interested in knowing more about the latest in the field of healthcare management and are keen on deploying a data analytics based system to help you make precise diagnosis and plan treatment protocols that are backed by extensive research, partner with a trusted third-party administrator like Mirra Healthcare today and make the most of their qualified and experienced team of professionals.